Carrier Classic 2012

Carrier Classic 2012
Even though the game wasn't played Marquette has this photo to remember their day on a battleship.

3/31/12

Season Ending Thoughts from Joe Streator

Below is an article from the Associated Press about an impressive performance by Jae Crowder in a recent All-Star game and some season ending thoughts from Joe Streator.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crowder Puts on a Show in All-Star Game by Associated Press

Jae Crowder found a way to balance fun with his competitive side.

The Big East player of the year from Marquette University scored 25 points to lead the East team to a 103-99 victory over the West in the Reese's College All-Star game Friday in New Orleans.

"I'm competitive. I like to win, you know how that is. First half, just have fun. Second half, really play. That's what we wanted to do," Crowder said. "This is my last time at the college stage. I just wanted to leave out on a good note instead of leaving out on the loss that I did due to the NCAA tournament round. So, I just wanted to have fun and get a win."

The Golden Eagles lost to Florida in the West Regional semifinals, but Crowder's next stop likely will be in the NBA after June's draft.

"I'm just starting working out, working on my skills, get it up to the highest level it can be," said Crowder, who will begin training in Florida on Tuesday. "Whatever happens, happens."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crowder's Last College Game from Joe Streator

Not a bad way to end, now on to the NBA.  I think he will be drafted in the first round but before you take that too seriously look at our brackets competition.  Unfortunately I let my dislike for Kentucky get in the way of sane picks.  It will be a little strange cheering for Louisville but the Big East rules and Kentucky stinks, end of story.

It's going to be a quiet summer for MU basketball.  Everyone made a contribution this year so possibly no one will leave.  The 2013 recruiting class could be complete too if  Otule is granted a sixth year and there is no reason to think he will not be IF he can come back healthy.

Three years ago James, McNeal, and Mathews graduated and Hayward stepped up to lead us to a good season.  Two years ago Hayward graduated and Butler stepped up and led us to a Sweet Sixteen finish.  Last year Butler graduated and Crowder put the team on his back and led us to another Sweet Sixteen finish.

Who will it be next year.  Blue?  Otule?  Cadougan?  Wilson?  What are your thoughts?

Have a good summer!!

Joe
--------------------------------------------
Nice article. Crowder has got to be heavily scouted by the pros.

My bracket is busted, so all I can do is watch and hopefully be entertained by it all. I admit I'd like to see Pitino's boys win; that's my sinful confession.

Who will lead MU next year? That is the question. Joe knows I like Blue. He can be a relentless thief and a play-maker. Remember he sealed the deal from the line at Villanova, shot 70% against Seton Hall, and "came off the bench" with a nice second half contribution at WV. Another likely candidate is Jamil Wilson, the hero of Horlick High. He got a double-double at DePaul, important key blocks through out the season like against USF, and lots of nice slams. Wilson even won a couple of tips against Rutgers and Georgetown. Buzz loves Cadougan's hard working ethic, maybe Junior will solidify. I want to see Otule get strong and stay healthy.

Rob Sobczak

No comments:

Post a Comment